Swish City: Stats and Standings Adjustments
A few things I need to explain, now that WK1 is in the books. Many owners were tripped up by the Games Played Limits last week, so to revisit, here are the links: ESPN Games Played Limit and Weekly Games Played: An Explanation (from a MNBA league).
Moving forward, our soft cap number for Games Played is 15, and the max cap is 21. Basically, get to 14 games by the last day of games, and then fill in as many as you want up to +7 for that last matchup. The total max Games Played would thus be 14 + 7 = 21 games.
Season Stats
Due to manually moving around the Games Played Limits (Maximums) number to 18 for WK1, it messed some things up when I moved it back to the standard 15 for WK2.
Thus, all the stats for WK1 on ESPN are now only counting to a different games cap number, so that’s why you’ll notice that our Season Stats on the Standings page are different. Exhibit A for 18 (Correct) | Exhibit B for 15
Instead of using those, I’ll be keeping accurate stats on the Google Sheet under "Season Stats" tab, which I'll update at the end of each week.
Also, moving forward, I am not adjusting the Games Played Limits number on ESPN anymore, as it'll retroactively mess everything up. So we'll just see what ESPN gives us for game limits during Eurocup and All-Star weekend, etc.
Standings
The exact win-loss-ties numbers on ESPN's Standings page is accurate, but ignore the scoring—see below. Our playoff tie-breakers will be 1. Head to Head and then 2. Most Categories Won, so we are only interested in tracking categories won, which is reflected in the Standings on the sheet.
I'll update these at the end of each week as well.
Playoff tie-breakers will be...
- H2H
- Most Categories Won
- PTS scored (?) Coin Flip (?)
[ Sheet: Standings ]
Adjusting Scoring
After each week's games, I will adjust the scoring for each matchup to reflect which teams actually won the week based on 9CAT instead of ESPN points.
Because ESPN only allows me to adjust the scores with a + number, I will add adjust every winner in the week's matchup to "1500" for the week.
Example, RCEJ versus SBMB in WK1, where ESPN had SBMB 896 vs RCEJ 877 points and I pushed it up by +623 to get to a total of 1500.
Note: Why 1500 and not just a score that would give the winning 9CAT team the one-point win? Because that'll make it easier to later identify which matchups were adjusted through search function.
Weekly Matchups
We won't have automated daily scoring, so as a service, I'll try to update matchup stats once a week, maybe Thursday or Friday. Each owner should be able to compare within their own matchups how their Games Played numbers and other 9CAT stats are doing, but this might make it easier for owners to see at a glance how they're doing near the end of the week.
I can't guarantee to keep this updated but I'll do my best! And the stats will be as accurate as possible but also not official official.
There is also a "Matchups Archive" tab on the Sheet to document all the weeks as we go.
And this is how you can see your weekly stats compared to your opponent. Unfortunately, this view is only available on the PC.
Go to Scoreboard > Box Score > toggle to View: Total






